At the Auction
- We provide accurate and up-to-date auction valuations quickly.
- Whether we are commissioned to sell a single piece or a large collection we always pay the same care and attention to detail.
- We ensure that we market our sales widely to as many collectors and buyers as possible through our extensive client list and our experienced press and marketing team.
Get in Touch
If you have an item that you think may be suitable for our next sale please get in touch we would be delighted to hear from you. We can give you a current auction valuation, which can help you decide whether you want to hold on to a piece or sell it. We accept lots on their individual merit and don’t restrict sale entries by a minimum lot value.
Selling At Auction
If you do decide to sell through us we can arrange collection of your items and we will take care of all photography, cataloguing, storage, insurance and estimates. We will also help you make an informed decision on a reserve price ( if appropriate) to ensure that your item is not undersold.
Telephone bids and Client Services
- Sellers’ Fees We like to explain our fees and charges to vendors clearly so there are no hidden surprises. All our charges are waived if your item doesn’t sell but the following fees apply to every sold lot:
- Sellers Commission - Our sellers commission is competitively priced at 15% of the hammer price with a minimum charge per lot of £5.
- Illustration Fees - All lots are illustrated online and we charge a flat fee of £5 per lot for web illustrations.
- If you lot is illustrated in the printed catalogue there will be an illustration charge but in this instance the web fee will be included in that charge.
- Loss or Damage Warranty - While your item is in our care and away from your home, we want to ensure it is covered against loss or damage. We charge a modest loss and damage warranty of 1% based on the hammer price
- In the unlikely event that your item doesn’t sell we will, where possible, try and secure an aftersale, where we negotiate on your behalf with potential buyers. If a piece still remains unsold we will waive all sellers’ charges. We will then arrange collection of the piece with you.